Review our FAQ or Contact Us
New Course Platform Resources
How to locate and enroll in a course, and how to access your courses and certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Go to https://americancme.org and login or create an account.
3. On the Courses page, select Free CE Courses if your state accepts our continuing education courses. Select CAPCE Courses if you are in a state such as Michigan that requires credits to be issued through CAPCE. For CAPCE courses, you can sign up for each course individually and pay for each separately, or you can purchase a subscription.
4. Open the course and watch a 25-30 minute video.
5. Take a quick survey to provide feedback on the course.
6. Take a 10-question quiz for assessment.
7. Print or save your certificate.
Until December 31, 2023, the KAP (Knowledge Assessment Platform) where your MCA and/or Agency has posted its protocol assessments is at https://www.americancme.com/assessments. Review how to access this page from different starting points here. Beginning in January, 2024, the assessments will be located on your agency’s group page. Access your group page by going to My Account > My Groups. Please contact your agency administrator to become affiliated with a group page.
Yes, the NREMT accepts continuing education from an organization that is accredited by CAPCE. NREMT also accepts State Approved CE, and many states will accept our American CME Free CE courses for this. Please refer to our Accepted States page to locate your state’s EMS agency and requirements. Please contact the NREMT for further questions or for the amount of credits you may take.
American CME has put markers in place so that if you have to leave or your internet connection fails, you will be able to start your education where you left off.
In order to properly view our CMEs, it is strongly recommended to have a high speed internet connection. A slow connection will result in loading issues during your course. It helps to close any windows or tabs with websites that may also be streaming videos.
On our Accepted States page you will find a list of states in which American CME is approved. We update this page as we receive new information about state requirements, so check back often, and as a best practice, refer to your state EMS website for the most current information about your state CE requirements.
Have the user enroll using the sub account enrollment URL. This URL is located on the group leader’s Subscriptions > Sub Accounts page. If the user already has an American CME account, they need to log in first and then use the sub account URL. Another option is to use the Add Sub Account method or the import tool located on the group leader’s Sub Accounts page.